Common Causes of Water Damage
Broken or Leaking Pipes
What should a consumer look for in a water damage restoration company:
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Good Reputation
- Proper certification in water damage
What should you do if you have a water damage issue?
- Contacting us immediately will help us respond to your water emergency more quickly and efficiently.
- This initial contact is an important part of a fast, effective mitigation and restoration process to ensure your home or business is secured in a timely manner.
Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
- Thorough inspection of the area
- Determine the source of the problem and water source
- Shut off the source of water (this prevents further damage)
- Sophisticated water extraction procedure is put into place to remove standing or pooled water
- Affected area is assessed to determine course of action
- We work with all insurance carriers
Water Removal / Water Extraction
- Hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water are removed using our powerful pumps and extractors from the affected area.
- This process is started as soon as possible to minimize further damage and to help prevent microbial, biological or fungi growth.
- After all the water is extracted, the entire area is disinfected and cleaned, if mold is discovered the proper procedures are taken to eliminate the mold and treatments are placed to prevent new mold formation.
Drying and Dehumidification
- After the bulk of the water has been extracted, specialized equipment consisting of dehumidifiers, air movers and air scrubbers are used to dry out the area as fast as possible.
- When a successful drying process has been completed, the area is assessed with moisture meters, thermal cameras that will allow us to determine the type of water damage and the areas affected. This is a crucial step to creating an effective plan of action that will result in a successful restoration to be performed on your home or business.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Water damage also affects your belongings, like furniture, clothing, and personal items.
- We clean restorable items using several specialized cleaning techniques.
- We sanitize with antimicrobial treatments and remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- The final step is to restore your home or business back to previous condition.
- The restoration step can be relatively minor, such as replacing drywall panels, or it could potentially include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding entire rooms of a home or business.